Tuesday 17 November 2015

Image Compositing






Image composting is a technique done on software such as Photoshop. The general idea is to select your subject erase the background and then place them on an alternative background. For my example above I chose to do a theme around Poppy day I turned my image black and white then used an adjustment layer and selected the pen tool to cut around the poppy's in the boys hands. After I made a path I cut and the colour appears through the black and white. I then used the quick selection tool to select around the poppy's and dragged them into black and white image. I re sized them and added more until I was happy with them dotted around the children.


For this image I put my son in the clouds. I photographed him sat on a wall and photographed the clouds separately using the pen tool I had to cut around the model I then copied and pasted the selection I made so the model was on a separate layer. I then dragged them on to the background layer of the clouds. For these images compositing or image manipulation your pen tool will be your best friend you use it a lot!



The images I used for the top image.


No comments:

Post a Comment