Thursday 11 February 2016

Ideas for my final piece

Ideas for my final piece...

Going along the lines of parallax which I really enjoyed doing I thought I could try out doing the moving images for my final idea. The route I have an idea about is mythology Greek gods, my plan will be to do images of my kids and partner and one group shot of them. I would like to put them in the clouds, gods floating in the sky.

Or I could try multiple exposures/manipulation with them techniques you can do what ever you desire you imagination is free to run wild. If I would choose to go along with this idea I will base it around portraiture to fit in with my own practice.

Images I will need to take for parallax:
  • Portraits/full body shots 
  • Cloud images
Props needed:
  • Leaf head garments
  • White sheets
  • Grapes
  • Glass (pretend wine)
Producing a few parallax will be hard work but its a great technique and I'm looking forward to trying it out with my own images.

Images for inspiration...

  
www.lanternstudio.com.au    

  
                                                                  www.flickr.com
fastyling.blogspot.com

15.12.2015

Images I will need to take for multiple exposures/manipulation:

  • Portraits
  • textures
  • trees/flowers
  • water
I've drawn a little story board on what I could do for my multiple exposures.
The images would be titles Lost that being a boy has lost his dad by death so I could try and narrate that through the images.






Images taken for my parallax I used a white back drop with a 3 light set up one light using a white umbrella and one using a soft box the third light was directed at the back ground.
For the shoot I used a white table cloth as the toga I made my own leaf head garment and used grapes and dilute ribeana as 'wine'. I wasn't too bothered about the background being creased and messy as my intention is to cut the kids out of that scene to put them in the clouds. On reflection of these images I have over exposed on many of them you can tell this by the whites being blown on the pictures.



This images above I did a levels and curves adjustment in photoshop and applied a blending mode (overlay)to bring the colours out more and it sort of makes you think the whites are supposed to be vibrant and bright you can see the difference from the top image to the original below.



I put together a parallax of lavelle in the clouds. I used an image from the above shoot and cut him out using the pen tool and placed him in the cloud image. Using photoshop I created my layers and opened them up in after effects. With this particular one I found it increasingly hard compared to the snowboarder parallax I completed. I just didn't feel I could create a series of these to a high enough standard I would be happy with to hand in for my final pieces. Although I found it hard I do enjoy trying to create these I will be defiantly carrying on with these as I could always offer these with my photography packages there something different to just the everyday day standard photo you have in the home, with digital frames now I'm sure families couples etc. would love to have these moving on there mantel place. All I can do is keep practising to perfect the technique.




No comments:

Post a Comment